This summer, mosey down a shady trail… paddle a kayak…do the “chores” at a real log house...catch a tadpole…and have a wild summer adventure at LLELA!
Session 1: June 5 - 9: FULL as of 5/31; Session 2: June 12 - 16; OR Session 3: June 19 - 23. Registration is open until each camp is full. Session 1 is now full.
Enroll your 2nd-7th grade child in the entire week or M/W/F only. All 5 days: $190 per child. MWF: $130 per child. Camp is 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Extended day (2:30 - 4 p.m.) available for $30/week/child.
Camp activities for children entering 2nd-4th grade will include:
- Little House on the Prairie-What was it like to have a home out on the wide open prairie? Do the “chores” at the log house, make a historic craft to take home, and look for prairie wildflowers.
- Incredible Insects-Search LLELA with a sweep net as we learn more about the weird lives of insects. You’ll go home with the beginning of your very own insect collection.
- Pond Investigators-Explore with dip nets, hand lenses, sampling trays, and other tools as we learn more about dragonflies, frogs, and other pond life.
- Paddle and Stomp-There’s more than one way to get around at LLELA. Learn basic kayaking skills, then hike the trails in a search for wildlife.
- The Art of Nature-The natural world has inspired generations of artists. Create your own works of art from the sights and materials supplied by Nature.
Camp activities for children entering 5th-7th grade will include:
- Winged Wonders-LLELA is home to over 280 species of birds, some only seasonally, others all year-round. Don binoculars and discover these winged jewels.
- Aquanauts-Bring your spirit of adventure as we discover the life in both river and pond habitats.
- Nature Quest-Follow the clues to find a hidden treasure, then develop a quest for others to follow.
- Paddle and Pedal-There’s more than one way to get around at LLELA. We’ll pedal mountain bikes on LLELA’s trails (beginner’s level) in a search for wildlife and its signs, then take to the water as we learn to kayak.
- Home on the Range-Discover the prairie, do the “chores” at the log house, make a pioneer craft to take home, and more.