Join our trail guides as they lead a moonlit stroll through the woods and across the prairie. We may hear some bumps in the night, but have no fear...it’s probably just an armadillo. Howling coyotes, hooting owls, and other nocturnal sounds will provide an out-of-the-ordinary hiking experience. Registration is required online. Please check our calendar for upcoming dates. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Things You'll Need to Know
- Ages 5 years and up, please.
- Advance registration is required online.
- Arrive early and stay the whole time. Due to our security gates, you must arrive by the start time and stay the whole time. There will be no one at the gate to let you in late or to let you out early.
- Wear closed-toe shoes, long pants, long sleeves, and a hat.
- Bring AT LEAST one full (and refillable) water bottle per person.
- Flashlights are not required. If you do bring a flashlight, please cover the end with red or green film to limit disruption of our night vision. Please have your kids wear shoes without lights on them.
- Check and prepare for any weather. We’ll try not to cancel due to weather unless it’s raining.
- Enjoy roughing it. LLELA is a completely outdoor facility without plumbing. There are clean portable toilets close to the Pavilion parking lot. You will have access to this area before and after the night hike, but not during.
- Respect wildlife. LLELA is here to preserve wildlife and habitat. Please respect the animals and plants at all times. We ask all visitors to Leave No Trace: Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but memories, kill nothing but time.