Angling instructors at LLELA can provide a whole morning of fun activities that will introduce children to the art of fishing. Activities will include: casting, fish identification, knot-tying, aquatic habitats, fishing rules and ethics and more. $7/child and $5/vehicle. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Registration is required online. For more information contact email@example.com. No poles are required for the activities, but will be needed if you intend to stay and fish afterwards. Please check our calendar for upcoming dates.
Things You'll Need to Know
- Pay at the gate with cash or check. We are not able to accept credit cards. $7/child and $5/vehicle at the gate.
- Wear closed-toe shoes, long pants, long sleeves, sunscreen, and a hat.
- Bring AT LEAST one full (and refillable) water bottle per person.
- Fishing gear is not required. We have all the kids’ gear necessary for this activity, but you are welcome to bring your own rods and reels, tackle boxes, etc. if preferred. Adults who intend to fish will need a current fishing license and their own gear.
- Check and prepare for any weather. We’ll try not to cancel due to weather unless it’s raining.
- Enjoy roughing it. LLELA is a completely outdoor facility without plumbing. There are portable toilets close to the river outlet parking lot. You will have access to this area before and after the fishing activity, but not during.
- Respect wildlife. LLELA is here to preserve wildlife and habitat. Please respect the animals and plants at all times. We ask all visitors to Leave No Trace: Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but memories, kill nothing but time.