The Christmas Bird Count is the longest-running citizen science project in the world contributing invaluable data to scientists studying bird population trends. Our kid’s version of the count gives kids ages 5 and up a taste of the real deal. Start a new tradition this year and add your family’s contribution to the 119th Christmas Bird Count!
Registration is required and closes on December 28 at 11am. The cost is $5 per person plus a $5 per vehicle entry fee payable at the gate by cash or check only.
1. Click here.
2. If you don’t already have a user account, click “Login” and follow the prompts to create an account. Make sure you list all family members who will participate in the activity. Be sure to list BIRTH DATES…adults too. If you don’t list a birth date, your age will be 0 and you won’t be able to register for activities which have a minimum age.
3. In the “Activity Number Search” box, type 800015 .
4. Scroll down to the date you’re interested in and click on the plus sign at the far left.
5. At the bottom of the page, click “Add to Cart.” Follow the steps to complete payment and registration.
6. LLELA staff will send you important confirmation information soon.
IF YOU NEED HELP REGISTERING, call 972.219.3550 during regular business hours.